Scripture: Genesis 1
What happened 'in the beginning?'
1.There is a beginning and ending of cosmic history
2.There is an insight into the Judeo-Christian worldview and it’s linear not circular in motion
3.That God is stated not explained
4.That the names of Elohim and Yahweh tell us that God is both powerful and personal.
Scripture: Genesis 1
Tips for understanding Genesis:
1. Genesis was written for us but not to us.
2. Genesis is a theological book not a science textbook.
3. Genesis is a compilation of different genres (e.g. poetry, historical narrative) not a fable-fictional story.
4. Genesis is a work of many sources not just one author.
5. Genesis is relevant for us today and not irrelevant.
6. Genesis is a book on its own but not a stand-alone book.
Scripture: Ephesians 4:14-16 (MSG)
Everyone grows old, not everyone grows up.
Scripture: Acts 5:17
Why don't we hear more on the voice of God? Why don't we see the leading and movement of the Holy Spirit? Has it ceased or have we neglected it?
Scripture: Philippians 4:18
- God will provide the confidence to serve Him
- He will supply your physical or material needs
- God provides the peace or rest that we need
- God will supply the grace we need
- He supplies through people who are willing to share
- God supplies through hard work
Scripture: Mark 6, Mark 8
From the two events of Jesus feeding the 5000 and the 4000, the disciples missed the finest moment.
It was similar, it was familiar. Even to us who reads the two events in the bible. What can we learn from this?
Scripture: Psalm 63
A Spacious Place - In Our Relationship with God
From Psalm 63, we can see how David seek God, praise God and trust God in the midst of trouble.
- Seen God
- Lips will glorify God
- Lift up my hands
- Fully satisfied
- Thinks about God's goodness and protection
- Sings praise to God
- Clings to God
Scripture: Luke 11:1-10
1. PRAY TO GOD AS YOUR FATHER
2. PRAY TO GOD AS A FRIEND
3. PRAY BOLDLY
Scripture: Philippians 1:1
Ps Tak Siong shares 7 tips during lockdown drawn from the apostle who was familiar with lockdown.
- Think of others and don't wallow in Self-pity.
- Send help to those who are in need.
- Be humble to receive help from others.
- Be Thankful
- Be Prayerful
- Beware of Losing Hope in our God of Hope
- Keep in touch with loved ones and friends.